Located in the heart of Minnesota, The Outdoor GreatRoom Company™ (OGC) manufactures unique, upscale products with design appeal for outdoor and indoor living spaces. Our mission is to bring family and friends together by redefining the home living experience through innovative products and people.
Our products are all about bringing people together, so we take great pride in building positive relationships both inside and outside of our organization. We value innovation, creativity, and teamwork which drives us to provide the best products and service possible. Many of our departments work cross functionally and learn from each other while taking on new and exciting challenges in this growing industry.
We started as a family business in 2003, and those family values still drive who we are as company, our culture, and how we do business today. We are proud to be a workplace that employees look forward to coming to every day.
The Production Manager is a driver and implementer. Drives the production schedule, KPI management, and Lean Culture. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Develop and implement a visual work environment – both in communication and work processes
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall process and product.
- Support and implement new processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work station organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Oversee and develop a high performance team with team member engagement, satisfaction, and performance.
- Manage daily production meetings with department leads
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work station/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Paid time off, paid company holidays
- Medical and Dental Insurance
Salary - $65,000 - $80,000
- Previous experience in continuous improvement, lean, and 4+ years of manufacturing supervisory experience manufacturing system principles a plus.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, department schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- Results Orientation
- Effectively supports change
- Able to motivate associates
- Bias for action
- Collaborates with associates at all levels
- Displays energy for the business
- Supports and communicates difficult decisions
- Developing skills in coaching production associates
- Able to maintain a respectful and safe work environment
- Able to support a continuous improvement culture
- Works effectively with all business departments
- Demonstrates strong problems solving skills
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
The position of Warehouse Worker is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other
warehouses accurately and promptly.
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing list.
- Examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items. Appropriately report/record any discrepancies.
- To accurately place materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner.
- Enter quantity received against the purchase order in the computer system and print back order and inventory stock put away list.
- Assembles and fills orders to be shipped to customers.
- Preparation of all shipping documentation.
- Review all orders to determine if they were picked correctly.
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area.
- Accurately identify and count stock materials as listed on the cycle count list.
Pay and Benefits
- $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
- Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Employee discount, Health insurance, Health savings account, Paid time off, Vision insurance
- High school diploma or GED required
- Warehouse and distribution experience
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment
- Position spends 95% amount of time standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Send us your resume and we will keep it on hand when we are looking to hire next!
"I love working at OGC because of the people I work with everyday – co-workers and customers. We have a great group of people that make coming to work easy and enjoyable. We also make and sell outdoor living products that people want to have and it is exciting to know that we are making people happy."
- Joey, Sales
"We are always working together to find new ways to improve our processes and our people. There are continual opportunities to expand your knowledge in new areas, grow personally, and grow your career. OGC gives everyone the opportunity to have a voice in the decisions of the company. New ideas are heard, explored, and encouraged."
-David, Operations & Production
"I like that no two days are the same, every day brings a new project or challenge."
"I never dread coming to work because as soon as I get here, I’m greeted by people who feel like my second family. You can tell that everyone genuinely enjoys working here and working with each other and if you are having a rough day, people do what they can to help you out and cheer you up!"
-Laura, Customer Service
Our mission at The Outdoor GreatRoom Company is to bring family and friends together by redefining the home living experience through innovative products and people.
We loving giving back to our community, especially when a little competition is involved. We partner with Matter to pack healthy meal boxes, called MatterBoxes. For more visit matter.ngo or outdoorrooms.com.